Yesterday I payed a visit to the Charleston Tea Plantation owned by Bigelow Tea. I had read about it and thought it was worth a visit on a nice sunny day. It was about a 45 minute drive from Charleston heading South on 17. I clearly arrived in the 'off season' as I was the ONLY person on the whole plantation when I arrived. I was greeted by a lovely older couple who ran the store and tours. They offered me a complimentary video tour which guided me through the entire process of harvesting and preparing all the teas for Bigelow. It was quite riveting I might add and the video was introduced by none other than Mr. & Mrs. Bigelow! At the end of the video complimentary iced teas were waiting for you to taste. I was also offered my own private 20 minute bus tour of the plantation at a minimal fee but I declined. I plan to visit again with my mom or a friend and will then take the bus tour. Lucky for the couple running the store two older couples arrived as I was leaving. They were extremely happy to have more visitors that day.
Who wants to join me on my next trip to the plantation??
No comments:
Post a Comment