So I got a speeding ticket on my way to Florida earlier this month. I will have you all know that this is only my 2nd EVER and I was caught in a speed trap!! It was on a bumpkin road in SC between highway 17 and 26 and I did not see it coming. When I drive on the highway alone I tend to pick a car to follow and just stay with them in traffic. I did this and I was the one hit with the ticked not the car ahead who was speeding as well. Apparently they set up a cop car with a speed gun right at the point where the speed limit decreases abruptly, he then radios a cop who is a few miles ahead on the other side of the highway. So I was in my little Honda listening to a book on tape when cop lights come out of no where and I am signaled to get on the side of the road in the grass (very unsafe in my opinion). He slapped me with a ticket and also thought I was dumb a college student. I was told I had to arrive at court appearance the assigned date and time on my speeding ticket. Well the date finally arrived and I luckily had off work because it turns out the courthouse was an hour and 1/2 away in a town called
Walterboro, SC. It was in the middle of no-where! I had read somewhere that is was an antiquing destination so I quit complaining. I made my court appointment (to the surprise of the officer who ticketed me) early by 10 minutes thanks to a friendly post woman who I made pull over in her jeep to direct me. It was conveniently located next to the county jail and filled with some sketchy locals. I was a bit out of place dressed in my Burberry trench and Hunter rain boots. I also clearly did not get the memo that I could have just mailed in a check to settle my dispute. My appearance at the court was a chance for me to fight the charge, but seriously 'I was caught speeding' - what is there to fight about???
So I do recommend driving to Walterboro for a day of antiquing just pack a lunch because they don't have much there by way of a deli/cafe. The main strip of
downtown is the 'old village' and has door to door antique shops to enjoy.


This is an example of the large quantity of antiques at one of the malls. So much stuff! Not all of it was that great but lots of digging to be had. A few of the shops had really nice things (not in my price range!).

Wouldn't this be great painted in 'high gloss' as Nick would say. I wish I had a place for a dresser cause I totally need one!

I found this great nude for my bathroom for $20! sorry the picture was taken on my phone so its not great. I will try to get another shot later. Its the perfect color and size for my bathroom wall.

So only 2 tickets...now how long have you been driving...I am going to say 12 years...and how long did you live in New York...10 years? SO I guess that really boils down to two tickets in two years when you do the math!
ReplyDeleteJust picking, I am not really certain how many tickets I have on my record, but I can tell you two in the last two years!