Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Taking down Pottery Barn!

So today I managed to beat Pottery Barn at their own game twice all to better my living space! I have been on the fence about purchasing a 'real' couch for several months. There are lots of obstacles that have prevented me from pulling the trigger.

A) The apartment I live in is located 'in' someone else's house. The door to enter my apartment that would be used to deliver furniture items is smaller than a standard size door.
B) My apartment may be much larger than my old studio but its certainly not huge.

I am still not ready to share the full apartment with you but here is a taste of my current living room space which houses the same love seat from my old studio. It has done its job but I am tired of not having a proper seating area to entertain friends. You will also notice in the photo that I am lacking a good coffee table set up.


Find #1

During my couch search I have fallen in love with many styles but as mentioned earlier none seem to 'fit' the space. One of the couches on my list was the Dylan Sofa at Pottery Barn. Again too big for the space.

Randomly today I was browsing World Market's website because I got an email about a sale. Well to my surprise they had the same style sofa for $170 for the frame. It was an addition cost to purchase the washable slipcover but that is still peanuts compared the the cost at other furniture dealers. Its is 72inches long making it a perfect size for my space plus it can be assembled in the room leaving me no fear of it not fitting thru my door!


Find #2

Jean & I have been loving these great iron and glass cube coffee tables from Pottery Barn but the prices tag for a pair did not keep our attention! $249 per table!

I did some internet hunting and check out what I found at Overstock.com. Almost identical metal & glass cube coffee tables and they are on sale for $90.24 per table!

No comments:

Post a Comment