Sunday, July 11, 2010

New digs take 2

So I had a minor freak out about the 'kitchen house' I have been planning to move to. It turns out I didn't 'heart' the house after a 2nd visit months after I energetically signed a one year lease. It has the space I am craving but not the feeling I am going for. Yep I was wrong. I knew the place needed some TLC but after I brought in a painter for a consult I practically broke out in tears. It was dark and dirty and needed way more love than I could give the place. I mean its only a rental but I need to move somewhere with natural light where I can relax when I get home from work. So I decided on Thursday afternoon that I could not possibly live there and had to find something else asap since I have to be out of my current place by the end of the month.

God I am so over rentals and moving but alas its my life!!

Well after making this spur of the moment decision I immediately scoured Craiglists for postings. I happened on a 1 bedroom in my very same neighborhood that I love. It was posted just that morning. I got a call back as I was leaving work and was invited to view the apartment right then and there. I have been officially approved for the lease and am now just waiting to get my move in dates. My old house is back on the market to get rented out (fingers crossed) for an August 1 lease so that I am no longer responsible for it. Lordy!

The apartment is located in a house owned by a painter (Shirley) who has lived there 30 years. Shirley converted the right wing of the first floor to a 1 bedroom apartment several years ago. I think the rooms used to be the dining room and original kitchen of the house.



You enter the apartment through a back semi hidden gate (which is also a private courtyard) so it feels very private and not like I am 'in someone's house'.

back entrance/courtyard area


NEW PLACE: I am not showing pics of the bathroom because it is my least favorite part of the place but hey you can't have everything.







2 comments:

  1. Cannot wait to see how you make you the place 'you'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh look at all that natural light!! I love the window/ledge combo~ you are going to have so much fun with it!

    ReplyDelete