Saturday, February 13, 2010

Blizzard of 2010 hits Charleston!

I still can't believe it snowed in Pensacola and Charleston on the very same day! From the sounds of it Pensacola got a few measly flakes in the early afternoon and that was it. Charleston was another story! The snow started about 8-9pm here and kept up throughout the night. Conveniently nearly 1/2 or more of Charleston including outer towns like Mount Pleasant completely lost power. Luckily my landlord/neighbor/friends are always looking out for me and came to the rescue. I planned to wait it out bundled up head to toe under my covers watching movies. They had a much better plan! Richard's parents house has a generator that automatically cuts on with the loss of power. Its quite genius if I do say so myself. So slumber party was the game plan! The house is AMAZING and really makes you feel like you are part of the history of Charleston. The feeling in the air was that of a Hurricane Party (which I know everyone knows & loves!). Of course we were all interested in getting out and playing in the snow for fear of it melting by morning. So we bundled up and headed over to Richard's aunt and uncle's house just down the road where they had 2 fireplaces blazing, candles, music and drinks. It was a fun and unexpected winter evening in the South!

Here is a slide show of snow pics in the neighborhood. I will have more of our evening activities once I get them from the neighbors. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment