Monday, October 19, 2009

Just call me the deal finder!

I was feeling adventurous the other weekend and decided to explore a nearby local flea market to see what treasures I could find. I soon found myself coasting down US 78, destination Coastal Carolina Flea Market in Ladson, SC. I arrived and was a little overwhelmed as I blindly twisted my way through the unorganized maze of parking lot which was by no means small. I think the flea market rests on the State Fair grounds. Their was quite a crowd for an overcast Saturday morning, lots of families and a real hodgepodge of folks. I admit I wish I had brought a pal along for the ride but made due all by my lonesome. I was under impressed with the variety of vendors....not the large lot of antiques I was hoping for but a lot more 'junk'. I made a large loop and spotted a lonely little yellow chair in the dirt. It was a great shape/size and an even better price! The nice man who ran the booth quoted the price at $10 at first. I think had a crush on me so he gave it to me for $9 after I took a seat and he had checked my hand for an empty ring finger. The chair was just the perfect addition to my little living space. I could not wait to get it back and play with it!


The chair was too big to fit in the back seat of my little civic to the nice vendor man helped me strap it to the back of my trunk. Maybe I should have listened to my dad and got a mini van to help me move furniture more easily. Can you image?? No thanks.....


No comments:

Post a Comment