Saturday, October 3, 2009

Old Village of Mount Pleasant

My trusty friend Sally took me to the Old Village of Mount Pleasant the other day. We nosed around the cute little strip of bakery, pharmacy, gift/flower shop and it was too cute! I get to try the Old Village Post House on Sunday for brunch (building in the first picture below). I can't wait!



I grabbed a delicious sandwich (forgot to take picture of it) from the 'Old Village Bakery' on Pitt Street and Sally drove me down to the end of the town for a picnic lunch by the water. It was so nice! I must go back and try their pimento cheese grits!! I was dying when I saw them on the menu! Mom found me a recipe so I will let you know how it goes....



There were some very picturesque houses on our drive

Picnic along the water. The main town street, Pitt Stree, dead-ends to the water and you can park and sit out.





1 comment:

  1. i can't wait to come visit! everything is so beautiful and the oyster party looked like so much fun! YOUR oyster party...that is.
    XOXOXO!

    ReplyDelete