Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Caravan of Crazy!

I am just going to start by mentioning that I have not been an avid driver since I left Florida for NYC nine long years ago. I am more of a 'seasonal' driver or even a seasoned 'passenger' in vehicles with wheels. So this new life I have begun is quite different from my normal routine of walking or taking the bus or subway to a destination or a taxi for that matter. Had I known that driving 9 hours on a major highway would be hell on wheels I might have had a bit more hesitation in my chosen path or mode of transportation. I diligently followed my mother's white little station wagon and tried to calm myself with the 'Twighlight' book on CD. It wasn't all hell but I am a granny driver who enjoys calm neighborhood speeds of 35mph not this insane 70mph chaos that is 'THE HIGHWAY'! Then the awful construction came just as we passed through Jacksonville and headed due North on 95. It was 2 lanes of madness with all those horrible construction markers all over the place! Also I might suffer a small case of claustrophobia because I could not stand all the other cars on the road and the constant weaving in and out of traffic. It is possible that I just need to chill out and practice my driving skills and soon I will enjoy myself.

Total travel time of 9 hours and 9 minutes
Total distance of 590.11 miles

Route from my house in Pensacola to my new home in Charleston:

No comments:

Post a Comment