We stayed at The Francis Marion on King and Calhoun Street right in the heart of downtown Charleston.

I was curious as to where to eat our first night, being that it was close to 10pm on a Monday I was not sure what would be open. It is funny because in New York the streets are filled with late night eateries, diner, and deli's. It is not the case in Charleston and this is something I have to get used to. Our first dinner (more of a snack and a MUCH needed bottle of wine!) was at 39 Rue de Jean a few blocks from our hotel. I knew of it from my visits with Sally and had a feeling it would be open late on a Monday. I remember enjoying the ambiance of the restaurant and am always up for a french style bistro. I might also add the restaurant is named after Mom.


No comments:
Post a Comment